Students applying for admission to the Eastern School's acupuncture program are required to submit:
- A completed and signed
- Official transcripts from all higher educational institutions attended. For foreign students any transcripts from an institution outside the US must be translated by the World Education Service (WES).
- Three letters of recommendation from working professionals such as: former or current teachers, former or current employers, health care professionals, etc ... who will attest to your ability to complete the program.
- A narrative essay 2-4 pages describing your interest in becoming an acupuncturist.
- A non refundable application fee of $50.00 (transfer students $75.00)
Applicants to the Eastern School are required to have at least 60 college credits and must submit official transcripts from the institution(s) of higher learning that they attended along with copies of professional licenses, if applicable. If students intend to practice in the state of New Jersey, a Bachelor’s Degree is required before taking the New Jersey state exam.
All applicants must attend an interview with the Academic Dean after all admissions documents and fees have been received. Applicants will be notified in writing of their admission status. Accepted students applications are valid for two consecutive semesters.
The Eastern School will accept only those transfer credits from other professional
programs it judges to be equivalent to its program. In addition, a course grade of “C”
or higher is required for credits to be accepted.
At minimum of 1.5 full years of the program must be completed at the Eastern School.
Students who intend to transfer from equivalent professional programs in acupuncture
must fulfill several requirements additional to those listed above. They are required to:
- Submit official transcripts from the equivalent professional program they attended so
that prior learning can be assessed and appropriate transfer credits awarded.
- Attend an interview with the Eastern School Academic Dean.
Foreign educated students must fulfill the following requirements in order to enroll at the
- Applicants with foreign college credits must have the degree translated by a reputable
foreign credentials assistance agency and found to be equivalent of a minimum of 60
college credits and the 4 credit biology prerequisite requirement.
- World Education Service, Inc., Bowling Green Station, PO Box 5087,
New York, NY 10274-5087 Tel: 212-966-6311. Website: http://wes.org/
- Foreign students who have not graduated from a school in the US must satisfy a score
of 500 or better on the TOEFL iBT, including the speaking section, on the written
exam, or a score of 80 or better on the internet exam.
- The Eastern School does not provide student visas.